Comments and complaints

Your comments, views and feedback are important to us. We can use the information you provide to help us improve our services.

Contacting the PALS team

If you have a comment please contact the Patient, Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).

Telephone: 0800 0525 270 (Mon – Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm) 

E-mail: EMBED.PALSnhsnet 


FAO PALS Officer

Douglas Mill

Bowling Old Lane




The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) will:


  • Listen to the concerns you have raised in confidence
  • Provide you with information and advice to help you resolve your concern
  • Liaise on your behalf to resolve issues
  • Direct you to support groups locally and nationally
  • Provide information about how to register with a GP or NHS dentist
  • Support with Choose and Book queries
  • Signpost you to the right departments to find out accurate information


Download the PALS service leaflet here. 


Do you have a complaint?

We recognise the importance of your feedback and this helps us to continue to develop and improve what we do for everyone. Complaints form an important part of this feedback.


You can make a complaint about any NHS treatment or service that either you or your family has received. You can complain on behalf of someone else, however, his or her written consent will be needed. If a problem happens you can either speak to the person concerned or if you prefer contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who will listen to your concerns.


Leaflet – more information about the complaints procedure

NHS Wakefield CCG – Complaints Policy

NHS Wakefield CCG – Complaints Procedure

Making complaints in the NHS 


We appreciate that NHS structures can be very confusing and it is not always easy to know where you should raise your complaint. Below is a guide to the various types of care provider and which organisations can manage those complaints.


If you want to complain about the care or service provided by:

You can raise this with:

Your GP

The GP practice or NHS England

Your Dentist

The Dental Practice or NHS England

Your Optician

The Optician or NHS England

Your Pharmacy

The Pharmacy or NHS England

Your Local Hospital

The Hospital or; The Clinical Commissioning Croup

Your Local Mental Health Provider

The Mental Health Provider or; The Clinical Commissioning Group

The Continuing Health Care Team

The Clinical Commissioning Group

The Individual Funding Request Team

The Clinical Commissioning Group

Community Services

Direct to the Community Service; The Provider Organisation or; The Commissioner

The Local Ambulance Service

The Ambulance Trust or; The Clinical Commissioning Group


If you have any queries please contact PALs (the Patient Advice and Liaison Service) on  0800 0525 270 (Mon – Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm)  and they will be able to help you identify the correct organisation to contact.


You have the right to choose how you would like your concerns investigated.  Either you can go to the provider direct or the commissioners of this service (which will be either NHS England or the local Clinical Commissioning Group) who can investigate this matter on your behalf.


There are some things we cannot investigate under the Complaints Regulations.  However, we still want to hear about any problems you have experienced as we are continually reviewing services to ensure that they meet the needs of patients.  If we are not able to investigate your concerns formally, we shall tell you if this is the case and try to signpost you to the most appropriate organisation.