Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
Recovering from COVID
As people recover from COVID-19 they may still feel some impact on their body and mind. For some people, COVID-19 can cause symptoms that last weeks or months after the infection has gone. This is sometimes called post-COVID-19 syndrome or "long-COVID".
There is lots of support to help people recover from COVID and the information on the Wakefield Council website can be used by:
- Individuals to help manage their recovery and signpost to sources of information and support.
- Anyone working in the community to help provide information and support for the people they work with and to signpost to sources of information and help.
COVID-19 Community Champions
A COVID-19 Community Champion is someone who is keen to help us in the fight against COVID-19. We are looking for volunteers who have a network of people they can work with (simply share messages with via email, WhatsApp or whatever method works best). Find out more about becoming a COVID-19 Community Champion on the Wakefield Council website. This web page also contains recordings of online Zoom meetings about COVID-19.
- COVID-19 resource centre - contains a range of downloadable resources for various channels from the UK Health Security agency.
- For the full list of COVID-19 vaccination programme documents, visit the UK Health Security Agency website. Contains a comprehensive range of national information and resources including accessible formats and community languages.
- Wakefield Council website (COVID-19 Vaccination page)
- Wakefield Council COVID-19 communications resource centre