Classes of Information
The Information Commissioner has identified seven classes of information which should be published by public bodies in the health sector. These classes help to describe our organisation, our role, priorities and governance, and how we account for our expenditure. These classes are listed below.
We are not required to create information which is not required for the running of our CCG. There may be instances where some information will not be included in our Publication Scheme such as:
- Where we do not hold that information.
- Where disclosure of information is exempted under the Freedom of Information Act, excepted by the Environmental Information Regulations or prevented by other laws such as the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Notes or information which is still in draft form.
- Emails and other correspondence.
- Actions and decisions related to individuals.
- Information which has been archived and no longer easily accessible.
- Information which is old or has been superseded.
- Where it would be impractical to prepare the information for routine release.
The following classes will contain as much information as we can provide:
This class encompasses organisational information such as structure, locations and governance. It includes information on the legal status of NHS Wakefield CCG and how to contact us.
This class contains financial information on projected and actual income, budgets and expenditure, procurement, tendering and contracts. It also includes information on financial audits of NHS Wakefield CCG, accounts for the current and up to 3 years and details of allowances and expenses which board members and staff can claim.
This class details our strategy and plans and our main priorities as well as how we are performing against our plans and objectives. It also includes details of our audits, inspections and reviews.
This class contains information on our consultation and decision–making process, as well recording our decisions, and proposals. This class only includes formal high-level meetings where key decisions about our services are made and will not include any information of a confidential or personal nature.
This class contains our current written policies, procedures and protocols which guide the delivery of our services. It includes information such as codes of practice, memoranda of understanding and our standards of service and complaints procedure. Also included are our policies on equality and diversity, health and safety, information governance, record retention and data protection.
This class includes a range of lists which we are obliged to maintain by law as well as those lists which we maintain in conducting our operations.
In this class you can find advice and news about the services we provide, such as booklets, leaflets and news releases.