Reducing Medicine Waste
In Wakefield, it is estimated that every year £3million of medicines are not taken as intended and are thus wasted.
Savings made by reducing medicine waste could be reinvested into providing more front line care and services.
NHS Wakefield CCG has created and collated a number of resources to help support GP practices and pharmacies with their communications about waste.
The following assets have been pulled together to help you communicate key messages about medicine waste throughout 2017/18. Please download these materials and use in conjunction with the Medicine Waste Communications Toolkit. To request a copy of the toolkit, please email simon.gaskellwakefieldccg.nhs.uk.
- Medicine waste graphic
- Medicine waste image 1
- Medicine waste image 2
- Medicine waste image 3
- Medicine waste image 4
- Medicine waste video
- Take your medicines into hospital with you - graphic
- Labels 1 - Open the bag.docx
- Labels 1 - Open the bag image.png
- Labels 2 - Dont tick image.png
- Labels 2 - Don t tick.docx
- POSTER - Everyone has a part to play to reduce medicines waste
- POSTER - Stockpiling medicines is a risky business
- POSTER - Did you know that