Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), a new illness that affects your lungs and airways.
- Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- What to do if you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus
- Testing and tracing for coronavirus
- People at higher risk from coronavirus
- Coronavirus in children
- Social distancing advice and changes to everyday life because of coronavirus
- Links to more information about coronavirus
Further information can also be found on the Government UK website www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Support in Wakefield
If you can't get out for things you need and you don't have any friends, family or support available within the community, help is available. This helpline is for anyone who is alone and needs help with essentials like shopping and medication. Call: 0345 8 506 506 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Choose option 3 to make a request for support and help will be arranged.
Community hubs have also been set up in Wakefield so that local voluntary sector organisation can be supported to continue to serve the local communities: https://www.nova-wd.org.uk/
NHS Volunteer Responders – now open for self-referrals
The scheme is now open for self-referrals for people who have been advised to shield and those most at risk who are isolating at home from coronavirus. These people can ask volunteers for short-term help by calling 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm. You can find more information about the programme at www.nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk