These extra steps are called shielding.
- This advice is for people who have received a letter from the NHS saying they're at high risk.
- If you're not sure whether you're at high risk, see who's at higher risk from coronavirus.
In England, from 6 July 2020:
- you do not need to try to stay 2 metres away from people you live with
- you can meet with 1 other household if you live alone or you’re a single parent who lives alone with your children – this is called a support bubble
- you can meet outside with people you do not live with, in groups of up to 6 – as long as you stay 2 metres away from each other
People at high risk from coronavirus will no longer be advised to shield from 1 August 2020.
Further advice about shielding can be found here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/advice-for-people-at-high-risk