From 00:01 on Wednesday 2 December, the Wakefield district will be under the strictest set of restrictions due to the high rate of infection in the area. This means:
- you must not meet socially indoors or in most outdoor places with anybody you do not live with, or who is not in your support bubble, this includes in any private garden or at most outdoor venues
- you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 in some other outdoor public spaces, including parks, beaches, countryside accessible to the public, a public garden, grounds of a heritage site or castle, or a sports facility – this is called the 'rule of 6'
Please take action now and follow the new local restrictions. We must do everything we can to reduce the spread of the virus.
Please remember that England remains under national restrictions until Wednesday 2 December.
Until then, you must stay at home with a limited set of exemptions:
- Only leave home for food, medical reasons, exercise, education, work, to care for a vulnerable person or in case of an emergency. When shopping for essentials please consider shopping at off peak times (evenings not weekends)
- To visit your support bubble
- Work from home if you can
- Avoid travel unless essential